Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Weekend of Adventure!

Hello everyone! So I have already proved to be an awful blogger, but what can I say... I'm new at this. I went golfing with my dad, Jordan, Nick and Alex last weekend. It was quite the adventure. Let's just say that I'm not so sure that I love golfing anymore. It is much to "mental" of a game for me. Once I hit one bad shot, my game pretty much went downhill from there. It was a lot of fun! It started out pretty ugly because just as we started to golf it started to rain like crazy. I was soaked! Jordan looked just like he had jumped into a swimming pool. We just pushed through, by the time we got to the 3rd hole it was nice and sunny. I won't even tell you what score I ended up with, but I did have fun, and I won't be giving up on golf just yet.

Not only did we go golfing this weekend but we had a serious badminton tournament. It was so fun! I am awful at badminton. I got hit in the face at least a dozen times by my very own husband, but in the end I beat him. The tournament consisted of about 6 different pairings. I don't know who ended up winning, but we played for nearly 3 hours straight, only taking a break to eat cake for my Dad's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

This weekend will be almost as exciting, because I am going camping...in a tent. I'm not much of a camper because I like toilets and showers so this should be interesting, but fun...I hope. We are going up Logan Canyon which is beautiful so it'll be very pretty! Wish me luck!


5 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I love badminton!! Me, and Clay should play against you and Jordan:) It would be SO fun!! Im glad you had fun golfing. I suck royally at golf, but it can be fun. usually I like to just sit in the golf cart:)

Jenny said...

Kate! I was totally blog stalking today, and I found your blog! You are so darling, I love the pic of you two at the top. Looks like things are going well for you! Just wanted to say hi!

Jenny (Wright) Nielsen

steph said...

number one: post pictures of your wedding that we so sadly missed. we want to see your beautiful faces. - steph
number two: we want bi-weekly postings of your life and you need to talk more about chris (your brother), because i am ultra classy. - chris

Alicia said...

Kate!
Like Jenny, I was blog stalking and found you. Are you guys in Logan?
Also, I work at the CDC at Logan Reigonal with preschool. How do you like McKay Dee? You should come say hi on my blog:)

alicia
aka
starkey

Heath and Gretchen said...

Kate! I'm so glad you have a blog! This is the first time I've seen pictures of your hubby! You guys are adorable! Is that a picture of your little brother??? He's huge! The last time I saw him he was six!