Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Blues :(


Alright so this summer is going to be a rough one, for me at least! I have been a lifeguard for the last 7 years and this will be the first summer that I'm not going to spend my every waking moment at the pool. Sad for me! The one thing that will get me through this summer are my kids at the Child Development Center at McKay Dee. I work with the most amazing, darling, and funny kids in the entire world. I work in the infant room which is ages 6 weeks to 6 months. I have 4 babies that I take care of all by myself. If this doesn't prepare me for motherhood someday, I don't know what will. All I know is I pray that I don't have quadruplets! ;) 4 babies is a lot, but the fact that the babies I work with are hilarious entirely makes up for the fact that they barf, poop, and scream 75% of the day. I love them!

My husband on the other hand will have a wonderful summer. He will be spending his summer outside managing a landscaping crew. He will be happy and tan, unlike me who will be blue and pasty. Oh well! What can you do?!? It looks like I'll be spending my Saturdays at the pool in Logan, hoping to catch some rays.

PS: I've become a fan of golfing the last few months. I took a Individual Sports class at Weber and I had to learn how to golf. Now I know what you are thinking.. "Kate and golfing...a bad mix." Well I thought so too, my last golfing experience was with my cousin Jess. We spent the entire time on the cart playing polo/golf. It was fun! We managed to break the mid point pole in half when one of our balls went the wrong way. Quite the disaster! So I was a little hesitant when I started the class, but now I can officially say that I LOVE GOLFING!!! It is so fun! I went golfing a few weeks ago with my husband at the country club in Logan and I scored 3 pars and a birdie. Wahoo! I'm taking my Dad golfing this weekend for his birthday, it should be interesting because the last time that he came with me was when I played polo/golf. I have to prove to him that I am a better golfer, otherwise I'll be teased the rest of my life. WISH ME LUCK! Until next time....

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

My first summer not lifeguarding was hard too. I do miss being tan and my husband gets very dark as well. Oh well you get used to it I guess :)

Tyler + Jess said...

Oh my gosh i tell EVERYONE about that golfing experience!! ha ha that was so much fun!

Ju and Brack said...

Welcome to blogging! It's a lot of fun and a nice way to keep in touch!

ClaysJenna said...

Sad! I havent worked at a pool since Cherry Hill...been a long time and that first summer after was the hardest summer!! I'm so glad you are blogging now!

The Vance's said...

Hey Kate! welcome to the blogging world!

Kristi said...

Hey there. Can't believe I found your blog - its amazing who you can find when you're just blog surfin. Calton and I have a blog: favoritefriendsjournal.blogspot.com. It is private so you'll have to email me if you want me to invite you: kristi.c.law@gmail.com.

jaci said...

hey kate! so fun to 'see' you again. looks like you are happy and healthy! keep in touch