Monday, July 14, 2008

UPDATE!!!

Life is GOOD! I know that you guys aren't really concerned with what's going on in my life, but I'm going to pretend and tell you what's been going on the last little while. First things first....I love camping! We've been three times in the last month and I love it...despite the missing toilet. All three times that we've been we have gone up Logan Canyon. We went with Jordan's family and than we went with my family. Our first spot was right next to the river, clear up Franklin Basin and I loved it! It was so beautiful! Our next spot was up Right-Hand fork clear up to the top, almost to Old Ephraim's grave. It was a little scary, because we were so far away from civilization...I was certain that an escaped murderer was going to get us (I watch far too much Law and Order). It was certainly pretty though, and it was a lot of fun!

Secondly, Jordan's little brother left on July 2 for his mission in Sao Paulo Brazil. :( He is going to be such a great missionary and I am so glad that he made the choice to serve a mission. My cousin Caleb left for Loundrina Brazil July 9. He and Tyler will be in the MTC together...they will be the greatest missionaries!!!

Thirdly, I love the Fourth of July! I really really really do! It i
s the greatest holiday...mainly because of my family reunion. It is the one holiday that nearly everyone on my Mom's side of the family gets together. My mom come from a family of 10 children. I counted up everyone a while back and there was over 150 people on my moms side of the family...this including cousins, their spouses, and kids. It is my favorite reunion because it is a HUGE party. This year we went to my dad's house down at Camp Williams. We ate, swam, ate, played games, ate some more, went rappelling, and just sat around. It was a lot of fun this year! My Dad, Jordan, Alex (little brother), Megan (sister-in-law) and I went golfing at the Ranch. One of my dad's soldiers works there and got us a great deal. It was a lot of fun! Alex managed to hit a house. I very nearly knocked my dad out, and Megan who is 7 months pregnant beat all of us, but Jordan who won by 1 stroke. It was a fun day! We watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from the back porch, and ended the day with a family fireside. I love my FAMILY! I don't know what I would do without them!

Last, but not least....I got a new job! I am now employed at Zions Bank in South Ogden. I love my job at McKay Dee, but I needed a job that was a little more stable. I applied online last Tuesday..went in for an interview on Wednesday morning...they called me Friday morning to offer me the
job. I'm so excited! I worked at Zions in Smithfield before we moved down to Ogden and I loved it...so I'm excited to work there again. I will, however, miss my babies at the center like CRAZY!!! I love them to pieces!

Alright...well that is everything that has happened in the last month. Life is GREAT!!! I hope that everything is great with all of you.

PS: My friend Kira gave me the Twilght series to read. I am embarrassed to say but I read the first 2 books this weekend, and I am half way through the 3rd b
ook right now. I love it! The 4th book comes out August 8th and sure enough I'll be in line at Barnes and Noble at midnight on the 7th. I'm such a NERD!!!

Here are some pictures.................


These are from the family reunion.....Caleb (yellow shirt) is in the middle of a group hug!



My mom and Jordan rappelling. It was so fun to see my mom jump right of the edge and swing down. I wasn't nearly as brave! I almost threw up! :)

3 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Yeah for the update:) I watch too much law and order too:) Congrats on the new job! that is so exciting!! When are we gonna get together? I work Mon through Fri so basically my free day is Saturday:) Lets plan something, k:)

bartonbeat said...

kate, i've loved catching up on your life through your blog, you sound like you're doing great! thanks for commenting on our website, it is great staying in touch.

Rozalyn said...

Looks like you guys had a great family reunion! Don't worry I am a totally nerd too when it comes to reading the Twilight series! It looks like you guys are doing great! Keep in touch!